Modern / Contemporary Dance
$975 for day students
$2,600 for residential students
Summer at Sem has made the decision to move all programming online for the 2020 season. View our Online Dance session here!
The Modern/Contemporary session will cover a wide range of dance styles including improvisation and dancers choreographic compositions.
Our dance program is led by a faculty of professional dancers and choreographers. The curriculum allows dancers to refine their technique and increase stamina. Masterclasses are offered by guest performers who emphasize artistic experience. Both sessions offer a closing performance with dancers, guest artists, and faculty.
It's much like a professional dance company where you have a very long day, and you learn routines very quickly, and you have to put on a show in two weeks. I wanted to get a feel of how a professional company would be.
- Please submit a photograph of yourself demonstrating first arabesque and/or tendu a la second.
- In addition to your audition photo, dance applicants must also submit a completed online application.
- Use the best available visual devices possible.
- Naming your Audition Photo Submission:
- Dance Audition: Full Name, Date
- Dance Audition: Taylor Smith, 01/02/2019